Monday, October 29, 2007

Implications

Thus far, I have argued that the government should pass legislature to promote the decrease of greenhouse gases to prevent climate change from destroying our earth. This argument implies that if the government does not act soon, the earth will become overheated and adverse effects will occur in wildlife and our lifestyles. While some may proclaim this an argument to have a rather slippery slope, however, I have proven it to be perfectly logical. In reference to my previous posts, I have discussed the ineffectiveness of voluntary efforts to reduce greenhouse gases, how America faces the most imposing threat of global warming, and analyzed various proposed pieces of legislation. Therefore, if the American government does not act quickly, America will feel the effects of global warming even more so than at the present.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the effects of global warming, and how will it effect our lifestyles and wildlife?

Anne said...

I completely agree with you. I think that your argument is a reasonable kind of slippery slope- I know that sounds kind of weird, but it is a situational slippery slope. Because your argument has such immediate implications I think that you have a good case.

hearth35 said...

Elizabeth, if you will follow the embedded hyperlinks, you will find the effects of global warming and how it will effect our lifestyles and wildlife. I included these hyperlinks as foundational knowledge.

Vilese11 said...

I totally agree with you about the legislature acting quickly. Personally, I feel the effects every week on the UNC campus. One day it'll be hot, but by the next day it'll be freezing. You have done a good job of presenting your arguments.